There are several ways to improve blood flow in the body and one of them is to include to have food items well-known for their circulation-enhancing attributes. We will be discussing some such food items in this article. There are several other actions as well, that can be taken to improve blood circulation, such as following a simple but daily exercise routine that can be accomplished at home itself. A walk in the morning or evening, or even a leisurely swim can help boost blood circulation.
It will perhaps be safe to state that many of us do not consider our blood circulation while we sit down for our meals. We may have the condition of our heart and digestive system on our mind, but improvement of blood circulation is probably the last thing on our mind. However, the blood flow in our body can ultimately affect different aspects of our health, contrary to our expectations.
Here are five food items that will improve blood flow in the body:
1. Oranges: Citrus fruits like oranges and lemons contain a high proportion of Vitamin C. Such fruits are regarded as natural blood thinners and pundits say that they make your capillary walls strong. These fruits also help in the prevention of plaque build-up around teeth.
2. Dark chocolate: The main ingredient of chocolates is cocoa, which is rich in flavonoids. Flavonids can be sourced from fruits and plants as well and are thought to help in improved blood flow. A study conducted by the Circulation Journal states that dark chocolate is richer in flavonoids and helps in improving blood circulation, when compared to white chocolate.
3. Cayenne pepper: Cayenne is available either as a dried spice or as a fresh pepper and is known to help in strengthening your blood vessels and arteries, while also increasing the metabolic rate. Best benefits from Cayenne pepper can be derived when it is consumed as juice or consumed raw with salads.
4. Seeds of sunflower: Seeds of sunflower are quite rich in Vitamin E. Vitamin E is supposed to prevent the formation of blood clots that can lead to strokes or thrombosis. They are great food items that help in improved blood flow. The same is also true for pumpkin seeds, nuts and olives.
5. Garlic: Garlic is supposed to have many medical and therepeutic uses. One of them is to cleanse the blood and helping in prevention of plaque build-up. Other food items that belong to the same bulb group include leeks, onions, and radishes that are all good for stimulating blood flow.
Posted in: Men's Health